Saturday, August 13, 2011

Preliminary Winter Forecast:

This is my preliminary idea for the winter for the northeastern states:

I think that the northeast will not receive the high amounts of snow that it had received last winter, instead, I believe that the northeast will receive more small to medium sized snowfalls, ( such as 2-4, and 3-6 inch events, and not the 12-16 inch events that we had seen during last winter), but I do think that most areas will receive above average amounts of snow for the entire winter. 

I also think that the northeast will be below normal temperature wise for the majority of the winter, this will be because the AO could be negative for the majority of the winter, and that will help to cause below normal temperatures for the northeastern states, and the northern part of the United States on a whole.

I will be making changes to this forecast as time goes on, my final winter 2011-2012 forecast will be released on October 22, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment